First stop: New York!
As I arrived at the Airport I met up with Jordyn (my host). We where heading all the way up north to the bronx which is about a 2 hour drive in total using public transportation.
During this long trip to his place we were discussing what I could be visiting, his experiences and so on.. Really cool since he was the one who kept on suggesting a bunch of places to visit..
So Thursday I started my day at 9 going to central park. First thing I see is a Wafels and dinges truck selling Belgian stuff.. I remembered this truck from a TV show my ante and I watched when I was in Guatemala. So I went and asked: Hey man, so cool to see a Belgian selling waffles and so.. (in dutch) he looks at me like what is this idiot trying to proof.. so I switched to Inglish and asked if he was the owner :p. To which he kindly replied: dude, if I would be the owner of a thing like this would you honestly think I would be selling this myself. Plus don't I look black to you, next time I suggest you use your brain before insulting me in a rediculous language that sounds like you're choking when you speak it, OK?
Euhm sure man :p
After this friendly conversation I had with this even more friendly guy, I walked around at central park. Just beautiful!! The smell when entering is just perfectly what I imagined it would be.. generally the smell of NY is a perfect match of what I thought it would smell like.
After central park I followed the plan Jordyn wrote down for me with the directions of how to get to certain places on foot.. just gigantic is what I would call it. Everything is just huge.. The weather was terrible but it didn't stop me from doing everything on foot. I just needed to see everything and everyone, inhale the air of the city ad enjoy every single second of it. And I did :) until I arrived at Times Square..
IT WAS CRAZY! You just don't know where to look first, there is so much going on at the same time that you just need to stop walking and look around for a while. Then I saw stairs so I thought it might be better to sit over there instead of blocking the road (explains the police officer horning and screaming at me for a few seconds :p) but I just didn't care. Sat down and let it all come to me. Sucked it in and couldn't stop for the following 2 hours...
Now as I was sitting on the stairs this girl comes towards me with a go pro. She ask kindly, hey man would you be interested in being in my commercial? I was like: what?? :p so yeah there I was with 20 other people on those stairs in a commercial that was going to pop up the next day on one of the boards at times square. Crazy!
My first time in the States, in NY very first day and I already had a very friendly conversation with a waffle guy, got yelled at by a cop and was part of a commercial that was about to be played on one of the boards of Time Square.. as if it was not enough I had to get used to the typical behaviour and so Jordyn kept on laughing cause I was being too polite.. exemple: we went to buy stuff to eat, wishing the cashier a good day, she replied and yelled: NEXT.. Hahaha!
So yeah good start of the trip! :)
Talk to you soon!
Greets,
Lenn
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten