I only wanted to do 1 more thing in DC: party!! :) so on Saturday during the day I started asking some girls what the hotpots were in the city. After asking 3 this very simpel question I ended up with a phone number, an invite and a phrase: Sorry I already have a boyfriend! :p haha! Eventually I had some addresses/streets and decided just to go. Along he walk I saw some girls sitting outside on a terrace and I asked them a bit nervously whether it would OK to join.. haha.. and they said yes.. apparently Americans love European accents. I can assure you they do since they took me from the one place into the other all around the city. Awesome! :)
Left DC with a great feeling and had found a host in Fredericksburg. She was a 63 year old woman (Danielle) who first declined my request but eventually felt too guilty and took me in anyway :p haha! God bless she did that! What an unbelievably wise human being! She told me so many stories about the travels she made, the things she has been thru,... very special.. In the end she took me for dinner cause she had earned a coupon of $100 which she wanted to share with me. So a 100 dollar dinner it was (picture on FB) with even better stories. She showed me around to the most beautiful places (river with rocks) I must admit, I felt a little sad to leave :).
Richmond was my next stop. The rides are getting a bit harder since my shoulders are tired of carrying my bag. Stopping every 2 hours to relax a few minutes was the best idea I've had since I initiated his trip :p. BUT the views! Oh god just wauw! Too bad I was not able to take more pictures since the nice places are between a hill and a downhill, and believe me you do not want to stop on a one - gear bike before climbing a hill! :p Anyway Richmond had let me down a little bit.. it's the capital of Virginia (pretty big) but I had higher hopes. It wasn't like people had discribed it as this most amazing city that I would get to say. Which was the case in my next stop: Williamsburg
Here a Bulgarian girl accepted my invite on couchsurfing and told me to meet her at the restaurant where she cooks. So I did, she gave me her keys so I could drop off my bags and walk around a little bit.. hahaha! OOH God! :p as I had gotten to the car, I opened the trunk, picked some new clothes out of my bag and decided to change on the backseat of the car. Closed the trunk and there I was on the sight of the road with my pants in my hand completely locked out of the car! :D haha! Forgot to take the keys and couldn't open any doors.. so no wallet --> money, ID,... just my phone and pants.. haha! Called this girl again, met her at the restaurant where she bought me a burger (since I didn't have any money) and ended up talking to Graham (71 year old eating his burger and sitting right next to me).
Now Graham is the a game changer on this trip. He is moving to Naples (170 km from Miami) on Tuesday and is willing to give me a ride. He is willing to stop in a few places so that I don't miss the pretty towns and ride me all the way up to his place. I am planning on taking his proposal and start continuing my trip as from there. The direction: I have no idea. Or I go to the West or I go further down and do all the Islands of the Caribbean.. BUT I will have to leave my bike in Williamsburg and so my travels will continue on foot. This desicion was not easy but I get to see more places in the States and I am sure that this opportunity was meant to happen. I do not have to pay him for the ride nor any accommodation, so my initial plan is still intact. I will arrive in Miami next week without paying for transportation or accommodation. I wish I could inform you with my plan on where to go next. But only time will be give me that answer. :)
This is a very strange feeling, although I never really had a full plan just a destination, yet now my destination is unknown. How I will get back to Miami will again only time be the answer. I trust myself and have complete faith that something/someone will cross my path to give me that answer/solution while I again traveling to: nowhere :).
Thank you all so much for your support until now. This trip is definitely not over yet so wish me luck with a smile :)
Greetings,
Lenn
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten